[Wien] arrows program on Windows

Maxim Rakitin rms85 at physics.susu.ac.ru
Wed May 16 16:56:35 CEST 2012

Dear WIEN2k experts,

I'm trying to view forces on atoms using *arrows *utility in WIEN2k
package (version 9.2). I followed the instructions in the corresponding
version of WIEN2k user's guide. I copied my /case.struct /and /case.scf
/to /case_initial.struct/ and /case_initial.scf/ respectively. Then I
viewed the structure using XCrysDen program (version 1.4) in Windows
through X-server and saved the structure as /case_initial.xsf/ file. The
command 'x arrow' finished successfully, and it generated
*case_initial.forces* file, but in the UG it says that the file should
be case_forces.xsf. I tried both commands:

    xcrysden --xsf case forces.xsf

or

    xcrysden --xsf case_initial.forces

As a result I cannot see neither structure nor forces (empty screen in
xcrysden). I believe that the problem is connected with the names of the
file with forces, but I cannot identify correct name. Could anybody help
me to make it working? Should I attach any files?

Thanks,
Maxim

--
Best regards,