[Wien] FW: Suggestions on min_lapw

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Mon May 21 17:12:25 CEST 2012

On 21.05.2012 17:41, Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA wrote:
 > Please see the volume-energy curve of the same case (spin-orbit
 > coupling, rkmax=8.00, 1200 k-points in IBZ)

If you have large forces acting on atoms then atoms can move closer to
each other, closer than 2x2.5 a.u. and you certainly have to reduce Rmt.
As atoms shift far from initial positions, lattice parameters will be
again nonrelaxed and you'll have to repeat lattice optimization with
atoms in new positions and with new Rmt's.

Best wishes
   Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 442118 (home), 218988(office), 250614(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
          lyuka17 at mail.ru
Skype:  lyuka17, lyuka18
http://fti.udm.ru/content/view/25/103/lang,english/