[Wien] SCF calculation with noncentrosymmetric materials

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 29 07:57:27 CEST 2012

You are saying:

> the band structure of a noncentrosymmetric no spin-polarized materials., e.g.,

Without spin-polarization initso_lapw does NOT change the struct file !!!

Also, you do not need to change the k-mesh or worry about non-centrosymmetric symmetry.

Only for Spin-orbit calculations AND spin-polarization the tim-inversion symmetry is
broken and symmetso is needed and eventually will reduce your symmetry.
Spin-orbit alone does not change anything.

Peter Blaha
Inst. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna
Getreidemarkt 9, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43-1-5880115671