[Wien] SCF calculation with noncentrosymmetric materials

EGUCHI Gaku geguchi at scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue May 29 18:39:27 CEST 2012

Dear Peter Blaha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm happy seeing that we don't need to worry
about the spin-orbit calculation. That's very instructive for me.

-------
Dear Fecher, Gerhand,

I also thank a lot to you, and I'd like to report the process, because
case.rsp is successfully generated by the `modified' structure, and
the SCF finished without any problem.

1. New session with `No spin-polarized'.
2. [StructGen] and [initialize calc.]. Don't [run SCF] yet.
3. From a terminal (cd to current directory), run `initso_lapw', to run
symmetso (choose spin-polarized case).
4. Check [StructGen] for the symmetry is reduced and the structural data
are changed.
5. [initialize calc.] again from first to `prepare input files'.
6. From the terminal, run `x kgen -so' with 'k mesh: 1000', `Yes'.
7. Then go back to [initialize calc.] and restart from `x dstart' to the
end.
8. [run SCF] without SO, first. --> Finish.
9. [save_lapw] for the first calculation.
10.[run SCF] with SO.

I don't examine yet, but the results of the old case.rsp and new one
should be
identical. The instructions of you both help me very much, and I'd
sincerely
appreciate you.

Best regards,
Gaku Eguchi