[Wien] energy in SCF NOT CONVERGED!

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Nov 1 12:42:15 CET 2012

In most cases poor convergence occurs because the problem has been
incorrectly setup. As has been said before, if you do not attach your
case.struct file and let us know which version you are using all that
anyone can do is make reasonable (or unreasonable) guesses. For
instance, for a 56 atom supercell 3000 kpts seems like too many. I
also do not know why you are using 16 history steps. While it might be
right, a RMT of 1.4 for O and 2.4 for Bi looks unusual.

Probably nobody can help with such limited information, although
someone might make a good guess.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University