[Wien] MBJ- for spin-polarized case including spin-orbit coupling

tripurari sinha sinha_tp at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 14:27:31 CET 2012

Dear Prof. Blaha,

Thanks for your reply of my previous mail.

Using runsp command MBJ calculation is done successfully for spin-polarized case.

Now I have tried for MBJ calculation for a perovskite system with Fm3m (cubic) structure with spin-polarized as well as spin-orbit coupling.

I have done the following steps:
1) simple spin-polarized GGA calculation
2) next the MBJ calculation successfully
3) after that include the spin-orbit coupling and on-site Coulomb potential (orbital potential)
4) then run another scf cycle without changing any files of MBJ calculation (except indm, indmc, inorb files)

At that moment it shows error in lapw0.

The error is "can not find case.grr file which is required for MBJ calculations".

Without MBJ calculation same system has run successfully with spin-orbit coupling and orb potential.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

With kind regards
T. P. Sinha

From: Prof. T. P. Sinha