[Wien] EV-GGA reg

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 22 15:27:17 CET 2012

More precisely, EV93 is a GGA exchange functional whose functional
derivative (i.e., the exchange potential) was fitted to exact
exchange potential. This is why it gives better band gaps than LDA or PBE:
http://iopscience.iop.org/0953-8984/19/19/196208/
The problem is that the lattice constants are very bad:
http://prb.aps.org/abstract/PRB/v50/i11/p7279_1

F. Tran