[Wien] Failed SCF calculation in the 1st iteration using 12.1 version of the WIEN2K

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 2 09:27:16 CEST 2012

So you find   NANs for the WARPING lines, which hints where the problems come from.

I suspect that case.vns will NOT contain readable numbers for the fourier coefficients
(search for "PW" in this file and check).

In essence, lapw0 seems to have failed, and probably this is due to problems with the fft-library.

There were postings on the mailing list about the problem with the fftwpack library (i.e. in
case you are not using FFTW2 or FFTW3) and also a fix.