[Wien] LAPW2 END - Mixer ROTDEF

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Oct 23 07:35:06 CEST 2012

Prof. Marks, thanks for your comment. Below is some more information.

Normal spinel NiFe2O4 is assumed with

Space group: 227 Fd-3m [origin 2]
a = b = c =  15.760332 bohr
Ni: (0.875,0.875,0.875)
Fe: (0.5,0.5,0.5)
O : (0.262,0.262,0.262)

In Wien2k 11.1 (Release 14/6/2011), the scf cycle runs without error.

In SRC_mixer/latgen.f, there is:

!.....DEFINE ROTATION MATRICES IN NONSYMMORPIC CASE
!c CALL ROTDEF(NAT)

If I remove "!c", then run the scf cycle, I get the "ROTDEF - Error" in
the first cycle.

Just to be sure, I ran "x patchsymm" and still get the error using the
NiFe2O4.struct_new (renamed of course to NiFe2O4.struct). Doing this, I
seem to able to reproduce the users reported error.

  "Wien2k 11.1 (Release 5/4/2011)" is no longer available in the
download section of the Wien2k website, but my guess is the call to
ROTDEF is not commented with "!c".

I assume there is a reason why the "!c" also exists in Wien2k 12.1.