[Wien] How to do Gaussian Broadining for Density of state upto 0.0001.

Masood Yousaf masoodyousaf1 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 07:05:57 CEST 2012

Dear Wien2k Users,

My material is indirect band gap at (K-Gamma). The band gap value with
GGA is 0.701 eV from Analysis. The problem is that In
TOTAL
DENSITY OF STATES (TDOS), Only very small states are crossing Fermi level. States are litlle shifted towards higher energy. What does crossing of Fermi level meant here ? Someone suggested me that I should do Gaussian Broadning  to correct Density of States. I heard about this first time, so I need help to perform this correction . Kindly direct me to some steps to resolve this.

Best wishes
Masood