[Wien] Fermi5 error in LAPW2

Ushma Ahuja ushma.ahuja at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 14:34:57 CEST 2013

Dear Wien2k users,

I am working on the Wien2k 11.1 version with the intent of doing some band gap engineering in ZnSiAs2 (struct file attached).

For using the mBJ potential, I first initialized and ran a complete scf cycle using PBE with zero errors.
As suggested in the UG, I then created .inm_vresp file, edited .in0 file tried to run one more scf cycle.
Here I encountered a FERMI error in LAPW2.

After some editing in the .in2_st file (wherein I changed efmod to TEMP from the default TETRA and eval to 0.018 from the default 0.000), I was able to successfully run the single scf cycle again.
I then followed the remaining steps for creating and editing in0_grr file and editing .inm file and then tried to run another scf cycle for mBJ calculation.
Here in the very first iteration, I encountered a FERMI5 error in LAPW2 with the message in lapw2.error reading as:
 'RTBIS' - Root must be bracketed for bisection.

KIndly help with this issue. I have already checked for presence of regular .rsp files and they seem okay.

regards,

Ms. Ushma Ahuja
Faculty of Engineering
University College of Science