[Wien] How to calculate Plasma Frequency and Number of effective electrons.

Kulpreet Virdi kulpreet.virdi at cup.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Apr 12 15:22:43 CEST 2013

Hi Zaid,

I realised I had made a small mistake in the reply. The
plasmon is defined as where 1 (i.e. the real part) crosses zero with a
positive slope and NOT ε2. ε2 goes to zero at very high energy values when
no valence or semi-core shell excitation is possible. On the contrary ε1
fluctuates between postive and negative values.

Sorry about the mistake.

All the best.

Kulpreet

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:41:10 +0800, Zaid
wrote:     Respected Kulpreet

 I appreciate the way you explained my
question. Thank you for suggesting books.
Thank you so much.

 Best
Regard's M. Zain

 On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Kulpreet Virdi