[Wien] Charge distance

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Apr 15 02:12:49 CEST 2013

The "Charge distance" as output via for instance "grep -e :DIS  :" is
the RMS change within the muffin tins of the L=0 component of the
original density and that after solution of the KS equations (i.e.
lcore+lapw1/lapw2). It tends to zero at the fixed-point solution, i.e.
the variational minimum of the true energy. The value inside the
bracket is the largest RMS of all the atoms. Both are used as tests of
the convergene.

N.B., it is not the only metric, and in many respects the DISTAN terms
given as % with grep -e :PLANE which is the RMS of the interstitial
density difference and :CHARG which is the total RMS of the density
difference within the muffin tins (all L,M) are better things to
check.