[Wien] Multicore on i7 iMac

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Apr 15 08:16:11 CEST 2013

As you could see from your "top" command, only 1 core is used.

The "simplest" thing is to set:

export OMP_NUM_THREADS=2 (or 4)    (a commented line is already in your
.bashrc after  "userconfig_lapw")

This will use 2 (4) cores for parts of WIEN2k which uses the mkl-library.
recommended compiler option for a Mac (-heap-arrays), otherwise you
cannot run wien2k on larger systems

Peter Blaha