[Wien] Multicore on i7 iMac

pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Mon Apr 15 14:37:31 CEST 2013

Dear Prof. Blaha,

Thank you for the rapid response which allows me to start calculating some
bigger slab quickly!! After setting OMP_NUM_THREADS=4 program works on 4
cores (around 400% of the CPU in top) for the substantial amount of time.

I will test this setting for a while, and in the meantime make some
efforts to try k-parallel-mode, though I currently get some errors (see
below), probably related to the ssh access (explained in section 5.5.1 of
the Wien2k UG).

Regards,
Lukasz

x lapw1 -band -up -p
starting parallel lapw1 at Mon Apr 15 14:32:54 CEST 2013
->  starting parallel LAPW1 jobs at Mon Apr 15 14:32:54 CEST 2013
running LAPW1 in parallel mode (using .machines)
1 number_of_parallel_jobs
[1] 17208
The authenticity of host 'localhost (::1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 50:c3:da:fa:0c:35:c5:aa:d1:b4:c1:52:a1:18:08:c2.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes

^C