[Wien] compilation error in libary

wasim raja Mondal wasimr.mondal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 16:12:08 CEST 2013

Dear wien user

I am installing wien2k_12.  For that I am installing mpich3.0.3. First I
configuring this way in the terminal

export FC=ifort

./configure --prefix= /opt/mpich-3.0.3/mpich-install2>&1 | tee c.txt

The path ifort in the bashrc file is

source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/
bin/intel64/ifortvars_intel64.sh
source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/intel64/idbvars.sh
source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/mkl/tools/environment/mklvars64.sh

But this is showing this error

gnu/4.6.1/../../.. -lgfortran -lm -lquadmath
checking whether gfortran accepts the FLIBS found by autoconf... yes
checking whether gcc links with FLIBS found by autoconf... yes
checking whether Fortran 77 and C objects are compatible... yes
checking for linker for Fortran main program... Use Fortran to link programs
checking for Fortran 77 name mangling... lower uscore
checking for libraries to link Fortran main with C stdio routines... none
checking whether Fortran init will work with C... yes
checking for extension for Fortran 90 programs... unknown!
checking whether the Fortran 90 compiler (ifort    ) works... configure:
WARNING: installation or configuration problem: Fortran 90 compiler cannot
create executables.
checking whether Fortran 90 compiler works with Fortran 77 compiler...
configure: WARNING: See config.log for the failed test program and its
output.
no
configure: error: The selected Fortran 90 compiler ifort does not work with
the selected Fortran 77 compiler gfortran.  Use the environment variables
FC and F77 respectively to select compatible Fortran compilers.  The check
here tests to see if a main program compiled with the Fortran 90 compiler
can link with a subroutine compiled with the Fortran 77 compiler.

Please give me some suggestion.