[Wien] Multicore on i7 iMac

pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Fri Apr 19 11:47:04 CEST 2013

Dear Prof. Blaha,

Thank you for your comment, it helps.

My slab was indeed wrong not having the inversion symmetry. I have now
constructed the slab with the inversions symmetry (was found automatic by
nn and sgroup), and the calculation is running. Actually you have
explained that to me already in 2008 (see below)... so I'm a bit
embarrassed :-)

The calculation is for Fe slab. UG says, that it is sufficient to do SCF
without spin-orbit, and then initialize spin-orbit and do one single SCF
iteration with spin-orbit. Or should I converge SCF again after including
spin-orbit? In any case, once I get the slab running properly, I am
planning to test and compare the results.

Regards,
Lukasz