[Wien] definition of absorp_xx,zz

Sanae Fujita sn.fjt.japan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 06:36:09 CEST 2013

Dear users, I'm using OPTIC of w2web in order to evaluate visible
absorption spectrum.

My model is hexagonal P3(143) crystal.In case.absorp file after "x-kram", I
got 5 data row of Energy, Re_sigma_xx, Re_sigma_zz, absorp_xx and absorp_zz.
I think ,from crystal shape, 2 data row of absorp_xx and absorp_zz
mean  polarized absorption spectrum. But I can't find out what absorp_xx
(zz) mean in mailing-list and User's Guide.
I wonder xx(zz) means parallel to a(c)-axis of crystal, but have no
certainty.Could you tell me definition of absorp_xx (zz) ?
Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,
S.Fujita