[Wien] ISO_C_BINDING module

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Fri Apr 26 04:01:59 CEST 2013

I am not sure if there is a simple answer. From a google search it looks
like there are available bindings for gfortran that one can download, and
there are ways (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11955378/check-that-iso-c-binding-is-available-at-compile-time)
to check if your compiler has it.

If it is not available you could try changing "use, intrinsic ""
ISO_C_BINDING" to "use :: MYISO_C_BINDING" in fftw_modules.F and try one of
the versions that can be downloaded and renaming it appropriately.

Not sure if there is another fix short of using 11.1.

What compiler does not have it?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM, tasaka at affinity-science.com <
tasaka at affinity-science.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found that version 12.1 requires ISO_C_BINDING module.
> this is a Fortran 2003 extension and some f90/f95 compilers don't support
> it.
> For the users who use that compilers, should they choose version 11.1?
> if anyone know the workaround, please advise.
>
> With best regards,
> Tomo

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University