[Wien] ISO_C_BINDING module

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Fri Apr 26 14:46:48 CEST 2013

I think you can comment out the relevant parts of fft_modules.F in
SRC_lapw0/lapw0 and module.f in SRC_hf if you are using the non-mpi
versions, e.g.

#ifdef FFTW3
use, intrinsic :: ISO_C_BINDING
implicit none
        integer(C_INTPTR_T) :: local_nlast
        integer(C_INTPTR_T) :: local_last_start
        integer(C_INTPTR_T) :: total_local_size
        integer(C_INTPTR_T) :: iff3_g
        integer(C_INTPTR_T) :: ifft3_g
#endif

Unfortunately changing to -DFFTW2 would require a bit more work for the mpi
version.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Peter Blaha
<pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at>wrote:

> Whatever compiler you are using ???
>
> Anyway, use the fftw2 version of the fftw library and I think you don't
> need this module.   (-DFFTW2   and the corresponding fftw2 version of
> the library.)
>
> On 04/26/2013 01:56 AM, tasaka at affinity-science.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I found that version 12.1 requires ISO_C_BINDING module.
> > this is a Fortran 2003 extension and some f90/f95 compilers don't
> support it.
> > For the users who use that compilers, should they choose version 11.1?
> > if anyone know the workaround, please advise.
> >
> > With best regards,
> > Tomo

> --
>
>                                        P.Blaha