[Wien] mbj error

McDermott Eamon John Gordon eamon.mcdermott at tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 1 22:22:05 CEST 2013

Then the problem is exactly as Tomas has described it. If lapw1 is searching for a .vsp file (and not .vspup/.vspdn) then you are running 'run_lapw' when you have initialized for a spin-polarized case.

I agree that you should re-start your calculation from a clean directory with only the struct file, and make sure to use 'runsp_lapw' if starting your SCF cycle from the command line.

Regards,

--
Eamon McDermott
PhD student