[Wien] about "c" in TB-mBJ for open structures

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 15 14:27:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

The mBJ potential can certainly not be used for systems with infinite
vacuum (e.g., isolated molecule, surface), but for open structures the
results can (maybe) still be ok without fixing "c" to some value
(I have not tried myself, but maybe there is already results in the
literature on open structures). If the gaps that you obtained without
fixing "c" are not completely wrong, then I do not see any reason
to fix "c" from a previous calculation.

Also, there is no reason to fix "c" to the one obtained with graphite
and not another solid. The procedure you mentioned looks ok.

F. Tran