[Wien] hyperfine field calcaultion in the external magnetic field by ORB package

Jing-Han Chen jhchen at tamu.edu
Sat Aug 24 03:42:51 CEST 2013

Dear Prof. Blaha,

  We appreciate the clarification on this. We thought by specifying only
the s orbital that we could limit things to the s-contact term but of
course it makes sense that at least the diamagnetic part is also included.
Apparently we must extract the spin polarization ourselves.
  However, as followup, we still don't clearly understand the limitations
of magnetic field application in the ORB package. For a solid with multiple
sites, if we specify only the atom of interest in the input file will the
situation correspond to a uniform field applied to all sites, or must we
list all sites in the input file?
  Note that as a test case we tried starting with our simple Al-metal
calculation, but we built the structure as if simple cubic with 4 sites,
and applied the field only to one site. This calculation will not converge
for us, from which we suppose that all sites need to be listed, is that the
case?

jhchen at tamu.edu <jhchen at tamu.edu> / http://people.physics.tamu.edu/jhchen/