[Wien] NMR and Hyperfine coupling

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 3 10:31:27 CET 2013

I used only Wien2k 12.1 for this, but I think this is the same with
13.1: You get the hyperfine coupling constant A in [kG/mu_B] by dividing
the HFF (Fermi-contact or B_orb, depending on which hyperfine coupling
you are interested in) by the corresponding moment (see case.scf). You
probably want to apply either a rather large field (O(100 T)) or do a
fixed moment calculation to enhance the moment above numerical noise.
Make sure that you have a linear relation between moment and hyperfine
field by calculating a few fields (moments). Maybe take at look at
PHYSICAL REVIEW B 85, 214510 (2012), I hope I did get things right
there.