[Wien] Questions regarding xspec and optic

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Feb 17 19:50:55 CET 2013

i) when a parallel calculation has a problem, try it without
parallelization.
In several mails on this list it was documented, that there were
problems with opticpara. Maybe your version has not been corrected.

ii) I'm not sure if XMCD works in parallel. As I said, try it non-parallel.

> With 2 nodes. Although the case.vectorsoup_xx files were written, why
> case.vectorsoup file is empty? I can only get the file without using -p
> tag and 1 node. Why?
Because it is a parallel calculation.