[Wien] trying to install WIEN2k on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit

Long Zhang lzhang6789 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 21:04:47 CET 2013

I am sorry I am quite a novice about k-point parallel in wien2k, it seems I
still have wrong idea.
If neither OpenMP nor any MPI is needed, then how the parallelization is
realized?

The manual (sec. 5.5.1 k-Point Parallelization) says "Parallelization is
achieved on the k-point level by distributing subsets of the k-mesh to
different processors and subsequent summation of the results". In my mind
it means using either OpenMP or MPI to distribute to different processors,
what other means it refers to?

Long