[Wien] warning: !!! Struct file is not consistent with space group found

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Jan 12 16:30:49 CET 2013

I believe the following will help you.

You ignored several warnings, so probably your calculation is incorrect.

In case you did not mention but have the warnings from nn:

WARNING: Mult not equal. PLEASE CHECK outputnn-file
WARNING: ityp not equal. PLEASE CHECK outputnn-file

http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2012-January/015966.html

Usually, you want to accept use of the new struct file (case.struct_nn)
to remove these warnings.

Regarding "warning: !!! Struct file is not consistent with space group
found",

http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2009-March/012291.html

/As long as sgroup does not further split your atomic positions, usually //
//there's no need to accept sgroup changes/ [by using
case.struct_sgroup]/, because sometimes sgroup also //
//changes the unit cell, ....//
//But if you neglect sgroup, make sure you read carefully the
case.outputs //
//file (step symmetry) and there are no ERRORS there ! (shift of origin; //
//or symmetry operations and multiplicity are inconsistent, ....)/

Regarding "STOP: YOU MUST MOVE THE ORIGIN OF THE UNIT CELL",

http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2011-May/014721.html

The error was removed by shifting all the atoms by the translation in
case.outputs.