[Wien] Incorporation of van der Walls forces in WIEN2k calculation using NOLOCO code

Oleg Rubel orubel at lakeheadu.ca
Mon Jun 10 15:08:32 CEST 2013

Dear Alpa,

I looked up at the README file for noloco code and quickly scanned
trough the paper. It seems that the code is geared towards calculation
of a vdW contribution to the total energy.

The documentation says that you need *.xsf 3D electron density file as
an input. According to the post
(http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg07128.html)
there is a way to save precalculated el. density via XCRYSDEN.

This way you can probably make noloco work for Wien2k. However, will you
be able to get forces? Probably not. This way you are limited to
studying of structures with known geometry. Also, the charge density
integration is performed in real space. It is interesting how the result
is sensitive to the mesh?

In any case it is an interesting attempt.

Best regards
Oleg