[Wien] basis set size for oxygen crystal

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Jun 19 16:38:33 CEST 2013

> This would imply that simply rescaling the RKMAX ("RKMAX=8.0 for RMT=2.0
> corresponds to RKMAX=4.0 for RMT=1.0") yields a calculation that is
> effectively *less* accurate.

Yes, I am 99.9% certain that it is not a simple linear scaling. If it
was then with H and an RMT of 0.5 then RKMAX=1.75 would be good.

And, yes, I gave conservative values and what I did is only "to guide
the eye" rather than any attempt at a hard rule. However, it is a
reasonable first guess for convergence testing. Of course it might be
better to use a logarithmic fit or something else....life is short.

N.B., I would be a little careful about the convergence test as I find
that these typically show oscillatory rather than simple convergence.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University