[Wien] Why unit cell energy is same on increasing pressure ? and Band gap problem with pressure.

Zaid raheskoon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:46:53 CEST 2013

Thank you Sir. Kindly have a look at the collected data below so that you
can understand my problem. This data is for a AB2C4 type spinel compound.
Would you explain this unit cell energy trend ? Also as you can see band
gap starts increasing slightly with the pressure  after a certain limit.
In volume optimization you get optimized volume. If you put that volume in
Murnaghan equation of state with pressure (e.g, 10GPa) then you will get
the repective new volume at 10GPa from which you can calculate respective
lattice constant at 10 GPa (which can be used in optimization process to
get structural data at 10 GPa). I hope this is correct way. May you
carefully analyze the data to find where is the actual problem.

  *Pressure*

*GPa*

*V (a.u)3** with GGA*

*U(Internal free anion parameter)*