[Wien] band structure dependence on symmetry and complex calculation

Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Fri Jun 28 19:43:31 CEST 2013

I have the feeling that your problem is related to the Bravais lattice
which is F-centered and Primitive in the first and second cases.
It is not related to the way the calculation is done (complex or not).
Indeed, when you are using the space group Foum-3m, WIEN2k is doing the
calculation in the related primitive cell which is 4-times smaller than
the F-centered one.
In constrast when you are doing the calculation with the initial
structure but keeping the P1 symmetry, WIEN2k do the calculation for the
full-cell. Thus in the reciprocal space the directions will be different
and thus the path.

On the other hand, could you provide the 2 structures to check that you
didn't forget atoms in the case of the P1 symmetry calculation.

Best Regards

Xavier