[Wien] Change in order of APW+lo/lo states?

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 14 10:26:05 CET 2013

I don't think there was any change in the last version.

For "shallow semicore" states (like O-2s, -1.5 Ry) we take this as
APW+lo and put a "local orbital" at higher energies.

However, for "deep semicore" states (eg. at -4 Ry) we reverse the order.

The philosophy is that these deep lying states should be quite
reasonably described by a single LO, while the O-2s states form a real
"band" and thus are better described by APW+lo.

In any case, experience shows that it odes not matter much how you do it.