[Wien] mBJ doubt

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 14 17:10:49 CEST 2013

Yust to add one additional remark to what Fabien said:

To use the LDA-Energy together with the mBJ potential (densities) is
usually not really recommended, except maybe in a case where we know
that the LDA-potential (and its density) is qualitatively wrong !

Such cases could be in TM-oxides, when LDA gives a nonmagnetic metal
instead of a AFM insulator. Here the LDA-density is definitely "wrong".

However, even for those cases a saver way is to use LDA+U or hybrid-DFT
(for correlated electrons; -eece) or full hybrids (when you can afford it).