[Wien] ‘mixer’ crashes when forces too large

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Fri May 24 20:21:51 CEST 2013

In principle this is a bug in either mixer or sumpara - we did not expect
FSU to be so large. Unless you are using MSR1a you probably need to change
FOR to TOT at the top of case.in2. If you are using mini there is an option
to switch the forces off for the start of the next run; please check the UG.

If you are using MSR1a you may need to turn it off for some cycles to get a
better density, then do MSR1a again (removing broyd files as needed).

Last, but not least, you might have what I called "ghost forces". These are
due to (probably) something going wrong with the physical model or
linearization energies. Exactly what, I dont know.