[Wien] Blank Case.inM for min.position

Seyyed Mojtaba Zareii (Alavi Sadr) smojtaba.zareii at gmail.com
Sat May 25 16:38:41 CEST 2013

Hi dear wien2k users
I want to execute “mini.positions” program to obtain the equilibrium
Wyckoff atomic positions (relaxation). I followed the following steps
before executing “mini.positions”:
1-	Create case.struct file.
2-	Run initialization
3-	Run scf  in Terminal to evaluate FGL on each atoms as : “run_lapw
–fc 1.0 –ec 0.0001 –in1ef”
Once SCF calculations finished, I looked for the FGL values on each
atoms (in case.scf or Analyse) and concluded that the forces (FGL) on
some atoms are more than 5 mRy/bohr and hence it is necessary to run
“min_lapw” program (“mini.positions”) for my compound. Everything is
Okay to here.
However, when I wanted to run “min_lapw” program, Case.inM file was
blank and therefore
min –j ‘run_lapw –I –i 1000 –fc 1.0 –ec 0.0001’
was stopped with error messaage immediately.  I think the problem
originated from the blank case.inM file, and I do not know why it is
blank while it should be created automatically.

Could anyone please help me to solve this problem?
Thank you
Zareii