[Wien] Problem in SO calculation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu May 30 08:13:57 CEST 2013

The default WIEN2k behavior of run_lapw does only ONE change to case.in1,
namely it puts the current E-fermi into this file. This is done already during the previous

x lapw2     step.

The rest is done in lapw1:
All energy-parameters of 0.30 (in case.in1) are set automatically to EF-0.2  !!!!
When the energy parameter is NOT 0.30, it will either use this value or search with E-top/bottom, ....

Please, don't just look into    case.in1,   but also in    case.scf1.

Only there you can see which energy parameters are actually used.

Peter Blaha
Inst. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna
Getreidemarkt 9, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43-1-5880115671