[Wien] Wien and XCrySDen Installation problem: access to root denied!

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu May 30 16:25:17 CEST 2013

This is not a Wien2k problem, you should be posting to a linux site.

While I tend to install Wien2k in the directory as root, I then do a
chmod and compile as a user. Working as root is dangerous and you have
messed up things "somehow" (not sure how). You probably need to edit
and clean out your root .bashrc file. Do a google search on "default
.bashrc XXX" where XXX is whatever you installed (e.g. Ubuntu) or just
"default .bashrc file" and follow the steps given there.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University