[Wien] Mismatch of bandstructure in test run for TiC

Ushma Ahuja ushma.ahuja at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 18:27:05 CEST 2013

Dear Wien2k users,

After installing Wien2k_12.1 in parallel mode, I tried to reproduce and match the TiC band structure as given in the User's Guide (UG).
I followed every step and all parameters as given in the UG in creating the structure, initialization, scf run and the tasks thereafter.
While doing the same, I noticed the following:

1. SCF completed in 12 iterations (I used k-point parallel run for scf) while in the UG it is given as only 11 iterations!!?

2. In the bandstructure, the maximum energy (peak like structure) of band at gamma-point near fermi energy level comes out to be quite less than 1 ev, while in the UG, this energy is shown as about 1 ev.
Further, I obtained the fermi energy at 0.74298 Ry and the total energy as -1783.9566 Ry.
I am confused over the reproducability of the TiC bandstructure here. What can be possibly wrong?
I have attached a picture of the bands here as a jpg file here.

PS: I could not find the sample TiC files in the Wien2k_12.1 package so I had to do all the comparisons using the UG only. If possible, kindly forward the essential sample files like TiC.scf, TiC.outputt etc. so that I can match the results exactly.

regards,
Ms. Ushma Ahuja
Faculty of Engineering
Mohan Lal Sukhadia University