[Wien] LAPW Crashes-Please help

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Fri May 31 18:57:08 CEST 2013

There is a mistake in your structure file. If you look at it you will
find that atom 13 is inversion symmetry related to itself at a
distance of 1.15 Angstroms, which is unreasonable. Did you straight
input a cif file which had partial occupancies? Wien2k does not
understand these (perhaps worth a patch by someone). You will need to
work through what it really should be, perhaps reducing the symmetry
or something else; maybe you have the wrong spacegroup.

N.B., as a general rule I suggest looking at the struct file with a
viewer. In far too many cases bad structures is is the source of
problems. Xcrygren is OK although I prefer Atoms and there are a few
others on the web.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University