[Wien] Exchange-correlation energy

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 26 22:07:30 CET 2013

Hi,

For 1 there is IGRAD.EQ.33 in vxclm2.f which is for exchange-only PBE
(then correlation c is c=xc-x). For such thing the correct procedure is to
plug the PBE orbitals (obtained from an usual PBE calculation) into the
exchange-only PBE:
1) replace 13 by 33 in case.in0
2) x lapw0

I' m not really sure to understand for 2.

For 3 there is the contributions from the spheres and interstitial
in case.output0. This is the 3rd column when you grep for "TOTAL="
(the values are in Hartree). This is not really possible to get easily
the contrbution from an arbitrary region of space. A solution
would be to use lapw5 to write on a file the values of exc on a
regaular 3d grid an then integrate yourself. But then the integration
close to the nuclei will be very inaccurate.

One thing: It is dangerous and not recommended to compare two values
of Exc when they were obtained from two different electron densities.

F. Tran