[Wien] EXAFS

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 29 10:11:47 CET 2013

No, it does not make sense to extend the calculations to the EXAFS
region (maybe you can go a bit higher to 50 or 60 eV, where you can see
the soft-core transitions, although they will be not at a proper energy
because you neglect core-hole effects!!).
Even when you do, you will not get the oszillations, which are coming
from multiple scattering and are a structural, but not an electronic
information.

As far as I know, codes like FEFF can calculate the EXAFS region.