[Wien] "Plane average potential" for surface

Oleg Rubel orubel at lakeheadu.ca
Sun Oct 6 16:26:45 CEST 2013

You can make XCRYSDEN to plot the potential like you plot the electron
density with a few tricks following Laurence's suggestion.

The option "R2V" needs to be activated in case.in0 (see Sec. 7.1.3 if
the UG). Then re-run LAPW0 to create the file "case.vcoul" (this file
is normally empty, if I remember correctly). Next go to XCRYSDEN and
calculate the electron density for a plane of your interest. As a last
step, replace "case.rho" by "case.vcoul" in lapw5.def and redo the
XCRYSDEN part. Now you will have the Coulomb potential plot (make sure
that "ATU" switch is used in case.in5 file, see Sec. 8.11.3 if the
UG).

I hope this will help
Oleg