[Wien] Why does ‘save_lapw’ save ‘vsp’ but not ‘vns’?

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 11 16:48:55 CEST 2013

The reason was to be "minimalistic". The defaults save_lapw only saves
what you really needed, but you had to take care of modified inputs (or
potential files) yourself.

In the next WIEN2k version the "default" save_lapw command will save all
input files (like -all before) and will include case.vns.
We hope this will help less experienced users, as a "restore" really
restores nearly everything (of course no vector files ...)

Thus the   x lapw0 step will not be necessary anymore.