[Wien] charged cell in screened hybrid (YS-PBE0)

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 16 09:57:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

Because of the way some loops are constructed it is not possible to
calculate :EXC (exchange-correlation energy) or :AEXSL (exchange-only for
hybrid multiplied by alpha (lapw0 -grr)) when the cell is charged.
Some changes (not extensive) in the code would be necessary. In general it
would be obviously better to have the possibility to run charged cell with
hybrid. I will think about it.

Concerning total energy versus N, in this article it is mentioned (if
I'm not wrong) that for solids also semilocal functionals show piecewise
linearity:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.100.146401

F. Tran