[Wien] Parallel execution of hybrid functional calculation

西村 真一 nishimura at chemsys.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Sep 1 11:46:55 CEST 2013

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have just started to examine effectiveness of the HF calculation in my system.
> I don't really know. Anyway, the execution of the hf module will take
> between 1 and 3 orders of magnitude more time than lapw1 and lapw2.

I know that expensive calculations are not always effective.
However, at initial stage of calculation,
many trials are necessary before higher accuracy calculation.
So disabling the parallel execution of initial stage calculation consumes too much time
and reserved cores in job-queing systems.

Thanks,
Shinichi