[Wien] Reg: wannier

Elias Assmann elias.assmann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 11:08:55 CEST 2013

Dear Swetarekha Ram,

On 09/01/2013 06:17 PM, Swetarekha Ram wrote:
> I am running wannier function programme.
> I have followed the UG and could able to reproduce the example.
>
> Now I was running for other compound, with the perovskite structure.
>
> When I put the command write_win case, I got the error as below.
> I have checked the memory of my system also, I have nearly 200 GB space.
> This step need more than this space for the calculation .
> Or what could be the reason ?
>
> glibc detected *** write_win: malloc(): memory corruption:
> 0x0000000000ec00b0 ***

 From this error message, I can only tell you that something went wrong
in `write_win´ (although the real problem may be at an earlier step);
and it is not an "out of memory" error (incidentally, are you sure that
200 GB is not your disk space rather than RAM [="memory"]).

Please tell us what you did to arrive at this error, and/or produce a
more meaningful error message (compile with `-g´, debug print
statements, ...).

	Elias Assmann