[Wien] need help in understanding the case.instrans file in Botlztrap code

venkatesh chandragiri venkyphysicsiitm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 11:26:10 CEST 2013

Dear sir,

Kindly help me to understand some of the parameters of the Bolztrap input
file <case.intrans> in the user guide.

In the 2nd line from the bottom in <case.intrans>, i have seen a parameter
which is described in a short sentence as "number of fixed doping".  Is this
means, we are choosing the number of doping concentrations where the
properties could be evolved...? I think, with a predefined doping
numbers, we should also give the corresponding values of
concentrations in the below (ie. 1st line from the bottom).

The default values defined in the Botlztrap user guide are

2                   : number of fixed dopings
1E20 -1E20    : fixed doping levels in cm^-3

By the combinations of these two parameters, one can able to keep the
chemical potential at a fixed places (given by these concentration values)
in DOS spectrum and obtain the transport properties for corresponding
doping levels. is n't it ..?

what is the meaning of negative sign in front of concentration
values (1st line from the bottom)..? Is it represents the concentration for
electrons..? (means, holes will get +ve sign).

It is a great help for me, if you explains these parameters in terms
of their physical significance.

thanking you and looking forward to answers.

regards,

Ch. Venkatesh,
C/o. Prof. V. Srinivas,
Department of Physics & Meteorology,