[Wien] Intel(R) Xeon Phi™ coprocessor

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 12 17:33:28 CEST 2013

Nice page, although of course what for wien2k matters is the performance
for lapack/blas calls for a diagonalization/matrix-matrix multiplication.

Anyway, you can see that

Intel Core i7-3930K @ 3.20GHz

is pretty high ranked and costs(560$)  just a quarter of the top Intel
Xeon E5-2687W @ 3.10GHz (1930$), while its performance is only 15% less
than the top value.

And of course, this may change every couple of month ....