[Wien] optic sum rules

Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Mon Sep 30 18:43:41 CEST 2013

There is definitely no need to go to such a high number of k-points.
In the paper of Claudia, they were looking at metallic compounds, for
which we need to have a very dense k-mesh (for the intraband transitions).
In your case you expect a semiconductor and thus you will have only
interband transitions. Thus 6000 kpoints is already converged to my
point of view.
I should say that the best way to insure the convergency in the present
case is to plot the epsilon2 as a function of the energy for instance
and to compare this quantity with different k-meshes. In your case, try
to do 300 kpoints first and then 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 kpoints ... You
will certainly reach the convergency at about 1000-2000 kpoints ...

Regards

Xavier
P.S.: The values obtained for 90000 kpoints are curious but I imagine
that you had a prob