[Wien] Huge volume variation in volume optimization

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Apr 7 07:57:27 CEST 2014

> I am trying to work on volume optimization of a doped material, CdSiAsBi.

No, you are NOT studying a "doped" material, you study an artificially
ordered CdSiAsBi compound. 50% doping is not a doping.

And: yes, Bi is much larger than As, so most likely a large volume is ok.

And: Your E-vol curve does not look good (very noisy, the data points
are not on the fitted line.

And: if you really want to study THIS structure, you should also do
optimization of internal positions as the Bi/As atoms want to move
around ...